Deadline June 28, 2019 | 5 p.m. EDT
The NAPABA APA-Owned Law Firm of the Year Award recognizes our membership’s law firms—solo, small, and large—that have achieved prominence and distinction, and have demonstrated a strong commitment to the Asian Pacific American community. The Award celebrates law practices that embrace the Asian Pacific American community while maintaining the highest ethical and legal standards in our profession. The Award also recognizes firms that have advanced the goals and ideals of NAPABA and Asian Pacific American legal advocacy groups.
- Please be advised that honorees must be present to be eligible to receive award.
- Deadline to submit nominations is June 28, 2019 at 5 p.m. EDT.
The awardee will be selected on the basis of two factors:
- Demonstrated success and professionalism in the practice of law. Please note that the Selection Committee does not make any distinctions for differences in firm size or practice area.
- Commitment to the Asian Pacific American community
- The law firm has been in continuous operation for a minimum of 5 years as of October 1, 2019;
- At least one law firm attorney is a member of NAPABA; and
- At the time of nomination, 50% or more of equity ownership in the firm is held by one or more Asian Pacific American attorneys.
Verification of these qualifications may be required.
The following information must be provided in order for a nomination to be accepted for consideration:
- Fully completed online nomination form (see below).
- Nominee’s statement (no more than 10 pages). The statement should include:
- Name of NAPABA Member(s) at the Firm.
- Description of achievements in the Nominee’s field of endeavor.
- Description of the Nominee’s civic, community, and pro bono activities in support of the Asian Pacific American community.
- Current CV or resume of all Asian Pacific American Equity Partners of the Firm.
- List of Asian Pacific American Equity Partners of the Firm and percentage of equity ownership. NAPABA may require verification of equity ownership. Nominee must demonstrate at the time of nomination, 50% or more of equity ownership in the firm is held by one or more Asian Pacific American attorneys.
- Letters of Support (no more than 3).
- Documentation of prior distinguished achievements, if any (no more than 3 pages).
Contact AuriaJoy Asaria.
Submit a Nomination