Membership & Outreach Manager
Download Position Description
NAPABA is seeking an energetic, proactive, and motivated individual to join our team as the Membership & Outreach Manager, a fulltime, exempt position in Washington D.C. The Membership & Outreach Manager is an integral part of the team—responsible for managing NAPABA’s membership recruitment and retention strategy, maintaining membership management systems, supporting internal and external group relations, and developing any membership-related programs as assigned. The Membership & Outreach Manager will work under the supervision of the Deputy Director.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and decision-making skills. Ability to interact positively with members, internal leaders, and external stakeholders using a variety of communications methods.
- Strong project management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills. Organized and highly detail-oriented.
- A team player who is able and willing to work collaboratively and congenially in a small office environment. Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Proficiency or familiarity with member management databases—YourMembership preferred.
- Experience with graphic and web design is a plus.
- 3-5 years of membership or marketing management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in a related field required.
Membership Management (approx. 50% of time)
- Serve as main point of contact for all membership related inquiries.
- Maintain the membership database and directories. Ensure data integrity and timely
availability of accurate member records and information.
- Develop create and innovative ways to deliver a better membership experience to both
individual members and affiliated bar associations.
- Promote member benefits, and increase engagement and utilization across platforms.
- Oversee annual renewal process for members and new sign-ups for prospective
- Run reports, process dues billing and renewal transactions, and update membership and
- Support affiliated bar associations, including serving as primary point of contact,
continually seeking new and innovative ways to engage.
- Support and coordinate NAPABA internal networks and committees, including
information sharing with leaders, managing webinars, and supporting other programs.
Communications & Outreach (approx. 25% of time)
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns (including social media and email) in
collaboration with the communications department to grow NAPABA membership.
- Coordinate and support regular membership communications, via email, graphics, social
media, and other communications methods.
- Maintain membership pages of the NAPABA website.
Program & General Support (approx. 25% of time)
- Coordinate member programs including NAPABA’s Affiliate Grant Program and
NAPABA’s internal awards programs, which require collecting and sorting applications,
corresponding with members, and ensuring timely submission of materials.
- Manage the NAPABA Career Center.
- Provide direct support to other external stakeholders, partner programs, and NAPABA
projects as needed.
- Attend and staff the multi-day annual Convention. Other travel may be required.
- This position involves sedentary work and working at a computer for long periods of
- This position requires the ability to exert sufficient force to lift and carry packages up to
50 pounds on occasion and the ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- This position requires the close visual acuity needed to prepare data and analyze figures,
transcribe numbers and words, inspect documents, and view a computer screen for
prolonged periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to input figures and text into written and electronic
formats using a computer and pen and paper.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively by means of the spoken
word in person and by telephone and in writing by correspondence including email.
- This position requires the ability to travel to the NAPABA office and other locations.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is $58,000-$68,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications.
Benefits (after applicable waiting periods and other eligibility requirements) include: 100%
employer-paid individual health insurance coverage (including dental and vision); 6% employermatch
for 401(k); 14 days paid-time off in the first year of employment (16-22 days in future
years); 15 paid holidays yearly (including all federal holidays and the week between Christmas
and New Year’s Day); and eligibility for flexible work hours and teleworking.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to NAPABA
Administration & Finance Manager Robin Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“Membership & Outreach Manager Applicant.” Applicants also should provide the names and
contact information for three references, at least one of whom should be a current or former
supervisor (employment or volunteer). Please provide all application materials as a single PDF
document. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NAPABA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.
Dated: August 6, 2019