MEMBERSHIP AND MARKETING MANAGER
Download Position Description
NAPABA is seeking a manager of membership and marketing who makes data-based decisions when developing messaging and understands how to integrate communications across digital platforms. If you enjoy creating engaging content targeted to specific audiences, this job is for you!
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
This position is responsible for the development and execution of membership recruitment, retention and engagement strategies to strengthen NAPABA’s presence in the APA legal community. Through the consistent use of targeted messaging and data analysis, this manager will increase membership, exceed current dues revenue, and promote interaction among NAPABA members. This position manages content on NAPABA’s website and social media channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and launch annual membership recruitment and retention efforts that communicate NAPABA’s value to a diverse audience of APA legal professionals
- Analyze messaging and make necessary adjustments to tailor subsequent communications for increased success.
- Manage the Membership Coordinator, working together to provide excellent customer service and an engaging member experience.
- Develop relevant content to promote member engagement through the NAPABA website and the Association’s social media channels.
- Oversee consistent database updates and operational improvements to ensure seamless membership processing and data integrity.
- Serve as liaison to Regional Governors and assist with outreach to affiliate organizations.
- Develop and implement annual onboarding of Regional Governors and affiliate leaders.
- Administer the Affiliates Grant Program and communicate opportunities to eligible organizations.
- Write and distribute monthly membership newsletter.
- Create and track membership marketing strategies and the communications schedule to reduce the likelihood of overlapping member messages.
- Develop and monitor the membership marketing budget.
- Demonstrate sound fiscal judgment in the use of all NAPABA resources and offer cost-saving alternatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Executive Director. Coordinates with the Vice President for Membership, the Vice President for Communications, Regional Governors, affiliate leaders, and other NAPABA members focused on membership benefits and activities. Consults with Meetings and Program staff on programming and promotion.
The ideal candidate has a degree in marketing, communications or a related field and three to five years’ experience in membership, communications or customer service with an association or non-profit.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position.
- Willingness to learn new software platforms as needed.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, Board leaders, members and the public.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Must be physically present on-site and available throughout the annual Convention and other NAPABA events. Travel is estimated at two to three weeks in a 12-month period.
The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) represents the interests of approximately 50,000 legal professionals and more than 80 national, state, and local Asian Pacific American bar associations. NAPABA is a leader in addressing civil rights issues confronting Asian Pacific American communities. Through its national network, NAPABA provides a strong voice for increased diversity of the federal and state judiciaries, advocates for equal opportunity in the workplace, works to eliminate hate crimes and anti-immigrant sentiment, and promotes the professional development of people of color in the legal profession.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to NAPABA Interim Executive Director Jill Werner with the subject line, “Membership and Marketing Manager.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NAPABA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.
Dated: DECEMBER 17, 2019