For Immediate Release
Sept. 6, 2017
For More Information, Contact:
Brett Schuster, Communications Manager
NAPABA Announces Its Best Lawyers Under 40
WASHINGTON — The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) has selected 18 attorneys to receive the 2017 Best Lawyers Under 40 Award (BU40 Award). The BU40 Award recognizes talented individuals in the Asian Pacific American legal community who are under the age of 40 and have achieved prominence and distinction in their respective fields — be it the practice of law, academia, business, civic and charitable affairs, the judiciary, or politics — and who have demonstrated a strong commitment to Asian Pacific American civic or community affairs.
The BU40 Award will be presented on Nov. 2, 2017, during the 2017 NAPABA Convention in Washington, D.C., to the following recipients:
- Reena R. Bajowala | Jenner & Block LLP
- Kelly Chen | Munck Wilson Mandala LLP
- Betty Chen | Fish & Richadson PC
- Jung Choi | Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Nicole Ong Colyer | Arizona Department of Administration
- Dale Ho | American Civil Liberties Union
- Dong Joo Lee | United States Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps
- Sylvia Kim | Asian Americans Advancing Justice — Orange County
- Suhi Koizumi | Minami Tamaki LLP
- John Solano Laney | Stoel Rives LLP
- Rita Lin | U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of California
- David Mesa | Sedgwick LLP
- Vilaska Nguyen | Office of the San Francisco Public Defender
- Vineet Shahani | Nest Labs Inc.
- Amandeep S. Sidhu | McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Christine Mari Palma Start | Solano County (CA) Alternate Public Defender’s Office
- Jennifer H. Wu | Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Tony Yu | DSG Wealth & Trust Law
The 2017 class of honorees continues the BU40 Award legacy of excellence and leadership in both the legal and Asian Pacific American communities. NAPABA congratulates the 2017 BU40 Award winners and looks forward to their future successes.
For more information, the media may contact Brett Schuster, NAPABA communications manager, at 202-775-9555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) is the national association of Asian Pacific American attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students. NAPABA represents the interests of almost 50,000 attorneys and approximately 75 national, state, and local Asian Pacific American bar associations. Its members include solo practitioners, large firm lawyers, corporate counsel, legal services and non-profit attorneys, and lawyers serving at all levels of government.
NAPABA continues to be a leader in addressing civil rights issues confronting Asian Pacific American communities. Through its national network of committees and affiliates, NAPABA provides a strong voice for increased diversity of the federal and state judiciaries, advocates for equal opportunity in the workplace, works to eliminate hate crimes and anti-immigrant sentiment, and promotes the professional development of people of color in the legal profession.
To learn more about NAPABA, visit www.napaba.org, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter (@NAPABA).