The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) is a national trade association based in Washington, D.C. NAPABA represents the interests of almost 50,000 Asian Pacific American attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students and approximately 75 national, state, and local associated Asian Pacific American bar associations around the country. Its members include solo practitioners, large firm lawyers, corporate counsel, legal service and non-profit attorneys, and lawyers serving at all levels of government.
The Membership Coordinator is a fulltime, exempt position in NAPABA’s Washington D.C. office. The Membership Coordinator is responsible for database management, membership relations, affiliate and committee support, and other membership development work as assigned. The Membership Coordinator works under the supervision of the Director of Meetings & Membership.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent member-oriented ethic and ability to interact positively and effectively with a variety of audiences (including internal and external stakeholders) using written, verbal, and nonverbal communications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proven technology/computer skills.
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Ability to multitask numerous projects.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure and with multiple deadlines.
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently.
- Organized and highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- A team player who is able and willing to work collaboratively and congenially in a small office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in a related field required.
- Proficiency or familiarity with YourMembership preferred.
- At least 1 year of membership experience preferred.
- This position involves sedentary work and working at a computer for long periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to exert sufficient force to lift and carry packages up to 50 pounds on occasion and the ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- This position requires the close visual acuity needed to prepare data and analyze figures,transcribe numbers and words, inspect documents, and view a computer screen for prolonged periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to input figures and text into written and electronic formats using a computer and pen and paper.
- This position requires the ability to communicate with individuals by means of the spoken word in person and by telephone and in writing by correspondence including email.
- This position requires the ability to travel to the NAPABA office and other locations.
Membership Database Management (approx. 50% of time)
- Maintain membership database and ensure data integrity and timely availability of accurate member records and information.
- Run reports, process dues billing and renewal transactions, and update membership and other records.
- Manage automated email messages sent to members through the membership database.
- Maintain specialty membership directories.
- Coordinate data integration for NAPABA mobile applications.
Affiliate & Committee Support (approx. 25% of time)
- Provide support to committees, including managing webinars, troubleshooting their website issues,and maintaining their membership lists.
- Compile and update directories of committee chairs and affiliate presidents.
- Invoice affiliates and national associate members on an annual basis and serve as the primary contact for affiliate membership inquiries.
Program Support & Outreach (approx. 25% of time)
- Serve as the primary contact for NAPABA member inquiries.
- Respond to membership questions by email and phone in a timely manner.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns to grow NAPABA membership.
- Support membership development and outreach programs.
- Coordinate all internal and external awards programs.
- Coordinate the NAPABA Board of Governors nomination and elections process.
- Support other tasks assigned by the Director of Meetings & Membership.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is $41,000-$45,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits (after applicable waiting periods and other eligibility requirements) include: 100% employer-paid individual health insurance coverage (including dental and vision); 6% employer-match for 401(k); 14 days paid-time off in the first year of employment (16-22 days in future years); 15 paid holidays yearly (including all federal holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day); and eligibility for flexible work hours and teleworking up to two days/week.
Interested candidates should email a resume and writing sample to NAPABA Executive Assistant Robin Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Membership Coordinator Applicant.” Applicants also should provide the names and contact information for three references, at least one of whom should be a current or former supervisor (employment or volunteer). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NAPABA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.