May 22-23 | Washington, DC
The NAPABA Annual Lobby Day is an opportunity for NAPABA members from across the country to educate members of Congress and Congressional staffers on issues of importance to the Asian Pacific American (APA) community. Lobby Day also gives members an active role in promoting NAPABA's mission of advocating for justice, equity, and opportunity for APAs.
View highlights from last year's Lobby Day.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Congressional Reception
Monday, May 22 | 6-8 p.m.
Senator Mazie K. Hirono, Honorary Chair
Join NAPABA members and community leaders from across the country as we celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with Sen. Mazie K. Hirono, Honorary Chair of the Reception, and other Members of Congress. This is a widely attended event and open to the public. Registration is required.
- Deadline to register for Lobby Day is April 12.
- Register for the Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Congressional Reception here.
View full schedule of Lobby Day events here.
Lobby Day events include:
- 3-Part Training Event
- Hill Visits
- Happy Hour Debrief
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Congressional Reception (Open to the public. Pre-registration is required.)
- Stipends are available for NAPABA direct members traveling to Lobby Day from out of town.
- Deadline to submit an application is March 22.
- A stipend application is included in the Lobby Day Registration page.
The official Lobby Day hotel is Hyatt Place Washington DC/US Capitol, which is conveniently located near Capitol Hill. And, is within walking distance of the NoMA-Gallaudet U Metro Station and more than a dozen local restaurants.
Hyatt Place Washington DC/US Capitol
33 New York Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002, US
Limited rooms available
- Make your reservation here!
- Cut-off date to book is April 21.
- Rate $239 single/double plus applicable taxes & fees
For questions regarding Lobby Day, please contact Navdeep Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't Miss Out on Our 2017 Leadership Workshop!
Wednesday, May 24 | Washington, DC
NAPABA is proud to partner with Ascend, a national non-profit organization for Asian Pacific American business professionals, to offer lawyers—whether in-house, law firm, government, public interest, or academia—a day-long leadership training program on May 24, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
This pilot program seeks to empower mid- to senior level NAPABA members with the leadership tools necessary to reach and succeed at the highest levels of the profession. Learn more here.