Seattle, WA | June 26-28, 2016
The Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy (CBLA) is a collaborative effort among the American Bar Association, Hispanic National Bar Association, National Bar Association, National Native American Bar Association, and NAPABA. Through this collaboration, the CBLA will strengthen the pipeline of diverse bar association leaders through bar leadership training and professional development programs. The CBLA will benefit current and future bar leaders, the bar association community, and the legal profession overall, and lays the foundation for further collaborative efforts by the sponsoring bar associations to foster diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
CBLA is intended for:
- Up-and-coming bar leaders who have been in practice for 5-15 years.
- Have served as officers of a NAPABA affiliate and/or co-chair of a NAPABA committee.
Reasons to Apply
- Network with leaders from your organization and multiple national bar associations;
- Learn, discuss, and develop leadership skills important to your future as a lawyer and as a future bar leader;
- Have the opportunity to absorb a wide range of leadership advice from leading experts in the field in a collegial and close-knit setting; and
- Develop the skills necessary to successfully organize, operate, and lead local and national bar associations.
Apply | Friday, May 13
- Submit an application HERE.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, May 13 at 8 p.m. EDT.
Participants for the CBLA will be determined by a juried selection process. Applicants will be asked to submit a brief essay of 250-500 words, a CV/resume, and two letters of recommendation. A registration fee of $100 will be charged to confirmed participants.
More information about the program can be found on the CBLA website. Please contact CBLA Steering Committee member Daniel Sakaguchi with any questions at dsakaguchi@ArmstrongTeasdale or at 314-342-4178.
CBLA Class of 2015
Lorna Garcia de Guzman
Ireneo Reus III
Eun Chong (EJ) Thorsen
Su Ming Yeh
|CBLA Class of 2014
Inaugural CBLA Class (2013)