2015 Bryan Cave / NAPABA Law Foundation Community Service Scholarship
Deadline: May 29, 2015 - 9:00 PM EST
Diversity is a core value of Bryan Cave LLP and an engrained part of our culture. Bryan Cave LLP has partnered with the NAPABA Law Foundation to offer the Bryan Cave / NLF Community Service Scholarship, which will provide a $2,500 scholarship award for one law student who is a summer law intern that works on issues on behalf of, or that benefits, the Asian Pacific American community.
- To be eligible, an applicant must be enrolled as a full time or part time student in an Association of American Law School (AALS)-accredited law school and must have secured a summer law internship. The internship must be: (a) with a public service, civic, or non-profit organization or a corporation that is not a law firm; (b) arranged by the student; and (c) last for at least eight weeks.
- The Bryan Cave / NLF Community Service Scholarship will provide $2,500 in total for a finalist, which will be awarded on Saturday, November 8th at the 2015 NAPABA Annual Convention in New Orleans, LA.
- Bryan Cave encourages the award recipient to attend the Annual Convention in November 2015 and will pay the award recipient’s registration fee (up to $250).
- Award of scholarship funds under this program must be used to further the recipient’s law school education.
How to Apply
- A completed and signed Personal Information Form.
- A letter from your employer verifying that you have accepted an internship with a public service, civic, or non-profit organization or a corporation that is not a law firm for the summer of 2015. The letter should state the number of weeks and expected hours you will work. If you will be engaged in more than one internship over the summer and thus working for more than one employer, please submit one form for each employer.
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words, explaining:
- How the upcoming internship will benefit the Asian Pacific American community; and
- Your past or present activities showing commitment to the public interest or the Asian Pacific American community.
- At least one letter of recommendation written within the past year.
- A copy of your most recent law school transcript (unofficial or official) from an AALS-accredited law school. Grades from the academic term immediately preceding the summer are not required
- A current resume.
Submission & Deadline
- The deadline for submitting an application is 9:00 PM EST on May 29, 2015. All materials, except the at least one letter of recommendation, should be submitted in a single email to email@example.com. The at least one letter of recommendation may be emailed separately to the same email address.
- Bryan Cave and NLF may interview candidates or request supplemental information, as appropriate. All applicants will be notified via email whether they have been selected.
Bryan Cave LLP and the NLF do not discriminate against any scholarship applicant because of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and any other legally protected characteristic. As part of its commitment to implement this policy, Bryan Cave and the NLF make continuing efforts to ensure that all scholarship applicants are treated, in all aspects of the application process, without regard to race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and any other legally protected characteristic.