For Immediate Release
Oct. 5, 2016
For More Information, Contact:
Brett Schuster, Communications Manager
NAPABA Announces Its Best Lawyers Under 40
WASHINGTON — The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) has selected 18 attorneys to receive the 2016 Best Lawyers Under 40 Award (BU40 Award). The BU40 Award recognizes talented individuals in the Asian Pacific American legal community who are under the age of 40 and have achieved prominence and distinction in their respective fields — be it the practice of law, academia, business, civic and charitable affairs, the judiciary, or politics — and who have demonstrated a strong commitment to Asian Pacific American civic or community affairs.
The BU40 Award will be presented on Nov. 3, 2016, during the 2016 NAPABA Convention in San Diego, to the following recipients:
- Mark K. Arimoto | Hawaiian Airlines
- Hung Chang | Harman International
- Anjan Choudhury | Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- John Thomas Fetters | Mills Meyers Swartling P.S.
- Kiran Jain | City of Oakland
- Edward T. (Ted) Kang | Alston & Bird LLP
- Irene Kao | League of Minnesota Cities
- Linda S. Lin | QBE North America
- Van-Dzung V. Nguyen | Crowell & Moring LLP
- Rajiv D. Parikh | Genova Burns LLC
- Kirupa Pushparaj | Square Inc.
- Manita Rawat | Duane Morris LLP
- Yanin Senachai | Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles
- Mansi H. Shah | Merchant & Gould LLP
- Brian W. Song | Baker Hostetler LLP
- Michael K. T. Tan | ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project
- Nisha N. Vyas | Public Counsel
- Greg Wu | United Airlines
“NAPABA’s Best Lawyers Under 40 Award represents what is exciting and fresh about the future of NAPABA and the pipeline of Asian Pacific Americans in the legal profession,” said NAPABA President Jin Y. Hwang. “As a former BU40 Award recipient, I recognize what an honor and prestige it is to receive this award, and these 18 men and women truly exemplify the spirit of the BU40 Award.”
The 2016 class of honorees continues the BU40 Award legacy of excellence and leadership in both the legal and Asian Pacific American communities. NAPABA congratulates the 2016 BU40 Award winners and looks forward to their future successes.
For more information, the media may contact Brett Schuster, NAPABA communications manager, at 202-775-9555 or email@example.com.
The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) is the national association of Asian Pacific American attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students. NAPABA represents the interests of almost 50,000 attorneys and approximately 75 national, state, and local Asian Pacific American bar associations. Its members include solo practitioners, large firm lawyers, corporate counsel, legal services and non-profit attorneys, and lawyers serving at all levels of government.
NAPABA continues to be a leader in addressing civil rights issues confronting Asian Pacific American communities. Through its national network of committees and affiliates, NAPABA provides a strong voice for increased diversity of the federal and state judiciaries, advocates for equal opportunity in the workplace, works to eliminate hate crimes and anti-immigrant sentiment, and promotes the professional development of people of color in the legal profession.
To learn more about NAPABA, visit www.napaba.org, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter (@NAPABA).