- Program proposals due: April 12
- Notification to program chairs: May 13
- Program chairs notify speakers of acceptance: May 27
- Speaker release form/bios due: June 30, 2015
- Written materials (timed agenda and specialty credit information) for CLE accreditation due: July 31
- Course materials due (only necessary for a few states): July 31
- Audio visual request due: Sept. 14
*Late/incomplete submissions will not be accepted. If materials are not received by the CLE deadlines, NAPABA will NOT seek CLE credit for the program/panel.
Speaker Release Agreement - Due June 30
Before you Arrive
- All speakers must be registered for the Convention.
- Speakers receive a complimentary registration the day of their speaking engagement. This permits speakers to attend the events scheduled for the same day as the panel. It DOES NOT include any special events, including the Anniversary Gala on Saturday evening.
- Speakers that are attending more than one day of the Convention will need to pay the appropriate registration fee.
- Take advantage of the group rate at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside, NAPABA's host hotel. The deadline to reserve a room at the Hilton Riverside and NAPABA overflow hotels is now closed. Please make arrangements at a nearby hotel.
- NAPABA strives to keep the Convention affordable for our members and offers one of the best values among legal education conferences.
- Apply today and take advantage of NAPABA's scholarship fund to help defray costs for attendees through registration fee waivers, travel stipends, and lodging stipends.
4. Touch Base with Your Fellow Panelists, Moderator, and Program Chair
- Take part in a call with your Program Chair or Moderator to review the expectations of your particular panel.
- All NAPABA CLE panels are allotted 75 minutes. Rehearse your presentation and be sure to stay within the time allotted so that all speakers have an opportunity to speak. A Q&A session with audience members should be slated for the end of the presentation.
5. Pack Your Laptop
- All NAPABA CLE panel rooms are equipped with a projector and screen.
- Speakers are responsible for supplying a laptop with your presentation pre-loaded.
- Mac users must bring their own cable hook-up for the projector.
- Arrive on-site early and pick up your badge and registration packet.
- Report to the room in which your presentation will take place 10 minutes early.